Authors can find inspiration in almost anything, but it is an interesting trend that tea has been mentioned numerous times in the creations of big names like Dostoyevsky or Dickens, and not only when it comes to literature, but also – their lifestyle. Maybe this is due to the fact that tea has a huge influence on many social aspects of life. It is not uncommon to use tea as a pun as well. Don’t you just get the sense that tea fits everywhere and in every situation?
Without further ado – it is tea o’clock!
1. “You’ll never find a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
― Winston S. Churchill
2. “I say let the world go to hell, but I should always have my tea.”
― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Notes from Underground
3. “My hour for tea is half-past five, and my buttered toast waits for nobody.”
― Wilkie Collins, The Woman in White
4. “Honestly, if you’re given the choice between Armageddon or tea, you don’t say ‘what kind of tea?”
― Neil Gaiman
5. “Arthur blinked at the screens and felt he was missing something important. Suddenly he realized what it was.
“Is there any tea on this spaceship?” he asked.”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy